On behalf of the Expect Miracles Foundation, The FLY Foundation is pleased to encourage qualified applicants to apply for a college scholarship program designed to help students who would find attending college to be a significant financial burden due to their history/current diagnosis with cancer. Given in memory of Paula J. Pearlstein, whose courage and energy were instrumental to the advancement of our mission in the early years, the $7,500 scholarship is intended to help an individual who has been impacted by cancer – either in treatment or remission – to attend a 4-year college or university in pursuit of a degree. Expect Miracles Foundation will send the scholarship checks directly to the Bursar’s office of the recipient’s college or university to be credited towards the recipient’s tuition.
April 16, 2016
• Must have been diagnosed with cancer (previously or currently diagnosed)
• Must be a high school senior or college freshman, sophomore, or junior
• Must be enrolled to attend an accredited college or university in the Fall of 2016 or Spring of 2017
• Must be a U.S. citizen, or documented permanent resident of the U.S. (or US Territory)
• Never at any time have been subjected to any disciplinary action by any institution or entity, including, but not limited to, any educational or law enforcement agency.
• Must have been treated for cancer at a cancer facility in New England (CT, MA, ME, NH, RI, VT) or must be a resident of New England (CT, MA, ME, NH, RI, VT)
• Previous Expect Miracles Foundation scholarship winners may apply
1. Must complete Scholarship Application PDF | MSWord
2. Must attach a copy of household’s W2 (please black-out SSN)
3. Must attach Physician Verification Form (to be completed by Physician)
*Applicants must submit all three forms to be considered for the scholarship. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
About Expect Miracles Foundation
Expect Miracles Foundation rallies the financial services industry to invest in life-saving cancer research and advance patient care programs nationwide. To learn more, visit: www.ExpectMiraclesFoundation.org